Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Preschool Pretenders - The Hairdresser


Oh how I love listening to and watching my boys pretend!

They role-play, make up scenarios, and seriously create their own little world. Each and every day is a new adventure!

Yesterday, while I was sitting at the dining room table helping my daughter with her homework, I hear the boys pretending to cook dinner in the kitchen. How sweet! They pretended to boil water, make macaroni & cheese, and get it ready for everyone in the family.

The next thing I hear is, "Okay, little buddy, sit still," from my almost 4-year-old son.

I'm listening, as my daughter continues with her writing.

Connor goes on to say, "Don't move. This is tricky."

Avery, my two-and-a-half year old, says, "Okay, Auntie Jen. Do I get a sucker when I'm done?"

UH OH!!

Auntie Jen is my sister, who is also a cosmetologist who CUTS OUR HAIR!!

Connor loves to cut paper and string with scissors. He was trying to cut Avery's hair!

I ran into the room just as Connor told Avery he was all done and could pick out a sucker.

There are a couple of spots on Avery's head where Connor actually managed to cut some of the hair. It doesn't look as bad as it could, so I guess I am not going to worry too much about it.



But, boy oh boy, did we have a talk about the appropriate uses for scissors, and that Auntie Jen had to go to school to learn how to be a hairdresser!

I wonder what adventure we'll pretend through next!

No comments:

Post a Comment